Rated System Power
6500 sq meter
Type of Installation
Solar Grid Connected Inverter: 14 Nos
Project Latitude & Longitude
Latitude: 22.5617° N
Longitude: 88.3676° E
Annual Energy Yield
CO2 savings per Annum (approx.)
1,645 tonnes/ year
Project Design Considerations
Basic requirement kept in mind while designing this project:
- Reduction in energy consumption and allied expenditure- related to factory energy & overhead cost
- Analysis on modules and inverters w.r.t rooftop business
- Module level “monitoring”
- Analysis on concepts of “automated” module cleaning system
Establish a demonstration project for rooftop clients where live generation & etc can be shown.
PROJECT BRIEF DETAILS
- Covering an area of 6,500 square meters and saving more than 27% of the entire manufacturing unit’s electricity consumption during normal time of the day operation
- The solar plant has been installed on Vikram Solar’s Galvanized Iron Factory Shed number 1, stretching across 2.1 acres (98.7% utilized)
- The solar plant is expected to generate 1350.58 MWh of green energy annually
- This solar plant is expected to save 1645 Tonnes of CO2 per year
- Solar inverter used in this project are from Sungrow, Huawei, Solis & Enphase
- We can set alarms in SCADA through its RS485 communication to indicate when a certain soiling % has been reached.
- The plant is expected to save INR 98.8 Lakhs/annum in electricity bills in the long run
- The plant also has Robotic cleaning facilities which will help in:
-Evaluation of Performance of manual cleaning vs robotic cleaning
-Analysis of module degradation factor after robotic cleaning
-Monitoring the actual soiling loss of the site w.r.t the PVsyst consideration
Challenges & Solutions
We used 12 different types of modules in this project to maximize the green energy generation results. In pursuit of that, mounting 12 different types of modules on the Galvanized Iron Factory Shed number 1 was a challenge. The size difference in modules led us to tailor-made the installation profile for every module to maintain the performance criteria and uphold the functionality, longevity and replace-ability of the products as we commit in every project.
As we anticipated through pre-execution strategy, usage of a combination of half-cut and full-cut modules to build the solar plant brought forward a challenge in module-to-module looping. However, with an experienced, dedicated team focusing on actionable intelligence derived from meticulous strategy, we completed the project successfully.